Here is another one you won't find anywhere else on the internet: A biblical examination of the question "Should prosperity preachers be allowed to teach?" I use the term prosperity preacher loosely, I don't what pat term to call money grubbing sheisters who feign holiness and try to milk unsuspecting people out of their money.
1. Mark 1:34 So 59 he healed many who were sick with various diseases and drove out many demons. 60 But 61 he would not permit the demons to speak, 62 because they knew him. 63
So now if Jesus wouldn't allow demons to proclaim His lordship, witnessing to unbelievers, then how much more so should he not allow evil men to spew truths out of their mouth?
2. Mat 12:34 Offspring of vipers! How are you able to say anything good, since you are evil? For the mouth speaks from what fills the heart. You brood of vipers! Now it sure would be hard to live with your fellow Christian pastors and teachers if you went around calling them vipers in public. Since all Chrsistians should be in one accord with each, there should be any divisions among you, and a house divided between itself can not stand, then I think it is inconsistent to say that a prosperity teacher is doing any good.
3. Isa 9:16 The leaders of this nation were misleading people, and the people being led were destroyed.
4. Pro 28:10 The one who leads the upright astray in an evil way will himself fall into his own pit, but the blameless will inherit what is good.
5. 2Ti 3:13 But evil people and charlatans will go from bad to worse, deceiving others and being deceived themselves.
6. Mic 3:5 This is what the Lord says: “The prophets who mislead my people are as good as dead. If someone gives them enough to eat, they offer an oracle of peace. But if someone does not give them food, they are ready to declare war on him.
7. a 119:118 You despise all who stray from your statutes, for they are deceptive and unreliable.
But if someone does not give them food,
they are ready to declare war on him. 14
9. Job 36:18 Be careful that no one entices you with riches; do not let a large bribe turn you aside.
10. 1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evils. Some people in reaching for it have strayed from the faith and stabbed themselves with many pains.
11, 2Ti 3:6 For some of these insinuate themselves into households and captivate weak women who are overwhelmed with sins and led along by various passions.
12, 2Pe 3:17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard that you do not get led astray by the error of these unprincipled men and fall from your firm grasp on the truth.
13. Col 2:8 Be careful not to allow anyone to captivate you through an empty, deceitful philosophy that is according to human traditions and the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
Conclusion: No, Sheisters and charlatans should NOT be allowed to represent God in any way, shape or form. Just as a demon could easily lie, so these guys lie all the time and we are not to be fed lies.