Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Why 'Buy and Hold' is dead



In my last post, I mentioned that we are in a brave new market. Some of you weren't convinced. Let me go into a little more detail about what this new market means.
That strategy is dead. Stick a fork in it. Its D-O-N-E done.
check out this graph:


Then check this out:



See any correlation there?
What we are witnessing, my friends, is the slow and painful death of the large corporation. It's like a product that is on the decline. There is no more demand for it.
Like I mentioned in my earlier article, you better be ready to trade and trade often. One had better be ready to get into smaller more nimble companies, those are going to be replacing the behemoths whose time has come.

Buy and hold used to be a good strategy, from the 70's - 2000. Now its a poor one.
Actively managing your investments is the future.

And yes, we already do trade 24 hours a day:
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/afterhourstrading.asp?viewed=1

That's what I was talking about before - one of the 7 Reasons we are in a Brave New Market.

Like Nixon who said "We're all Keynesian's Now", I'm saying "We're all day-traders now". We can't go back and your fixin' to get poor ROI's if you stick to that dead strategy.

No comments:

google search

click on this video for relevant video on my blog