Thursday, August 22, 2013

Office Environment - built from the ground up

Where I currently work, we have a traditional office environment, the kind you might see in a movie like Office Space.  A few years ago, a handful of us employees were selected to brainstorm and present a blue sky vision for the office space of the future.

Here is our presentation to management:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B66IbG5TDGahQ3N0UVcxUWZwSEk/edit?usp=sharing

What I learned most from this is how to pull together a team of peers and share with them a vision that they can embrace as their own.  At the beginning of our year long journey together, we had many different ideas about what the committee should be about, accomplish, and do.  Most of it was pretty boring and typical.  Although we were able to implement some low-hanging fruit improvements to our office environment, that were pretty mundane, they did boost morale a bit around the office.  Also, I was able to champion a real groundbreaking vision that was caught by the whole team, and we shared with others.  It will be a long road, but I feel that our company will get here someday.  Now they have a target to shoot for, even if it is 10 or 20 years away.  I hope to see it implemented before I retire.  

1 comment:

HGH Human Growth Hormone said...

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day.

google search

click on this video for relevant video on my blog